Tips & Tricks on Using Same WhatsApp Account on 2 Phones
To use the same WhatsApp account on 2 phones, the first step is to make sure you have two mobile phones with a stable Internet connection and WhatsApp installed on one of the mobile devices.
At this point, proceed as follows:
- Check that you have WhatsApp updated to the latest version available.
- On the second phone, start the phone’s web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and connect to the web.whatsapp.com site. (on iPad, long click on the site URL in the top bar).
- From the options or browser settings, go ahead and select the “desktop site”.
- If the desktop version has been activated correctly, you will see a clearly visible QR code on the page.
- On the first phone, access the Settings and go to WhatsApp Web (this step will activate the QR code scanner).
- Then place the camera of the first phone on the QR code that appears on the second screen and it will automatically start scanning the code on the web browser. It won’t take long.
- After the scan is complete, the account of the first phone is automatically activated also on the second one.
That’s all! Now, if all the steps have been performed correctly, you have the same WhatsApp account active on both phones.
The same procedure can be performed using a tablet (iPad or other) instead of the second phone. In this way, it is possible to have the same WhatsApp account on your phone and on a tablet.
To log out, simply go back to WhatsApp Web using the first phone, click on Settings (the three dots at the top of the contact column) and then on Disconnect. This way you will return to using WhatsApp only on one device.
This technique only works with two WhatsApp phones, the one on which the application is installed and a second one to add. If you try to connect to a third mobile device, the service will request to log out before proceeding.